2007-06-08

My Second impressions of the Delphi 2007 Update 1

Well, this time, even though I have the ISO I downloaded last night, I choose to try the auto-updater. So, I fired up my Delphi VM and, as I write this, it's been 2 hours since it said the updates were ready to install and started installing them... No clue as to how many more and, unlike Nick said of slow hard-disks, I'll hardly think this to be a HD problem as neither my physical HD light nor the virtual HD light from the VM seem busy: they hardly flash at all!

I'll check back every couple hours or so to update the progress...

EDIT: Almost 4 hours into it and in the same spot: that is surely stalled. I'll leave it running a bit more as Nick says it will "eventually finish", but after dinner, I'll check again and most likely will try again. If it fails once more, then I'll try with the ISO image...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fernando

Does the update 1 work on your "optimized" and "crap cleaned" version of Delphi 2007? Or will you update your extremely appreciated list of steps to follow to install delphi ?

Fernando Madruga said...

Good question and one on my "to do" list for later today. It *should* work as long as the updater has access to the installed files. Possibly, if the installer is loaded first, it may be as easy as selecting the folder with the right files. But I'll blog about it soon.